"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them."
How have you been a good friend today?
"Love is more important than anything else. It's what ties everything completely together."
How did God show his love for the world?
How do you show your love for others?
What can you do today to show love to other people?
'God said to human beings, "Fill the earth with people and look after it. Care for all that I have made."'
What is our responsibility to care for God's world?
How can I behave responsibly today?
Who relies on me to act responsibly?
"I am the Lord your God. I am holding your hand, so don't be afraid."
How was Jesus courageous?
What helps people to be courageous?
How have you shown courage today?
"It is better to be honest and poor than dishonest and rich."
Why is it important to be honest?
"Try to earn the respect of others."
Romans 12:17, paraphrase
Who do you respect and why?
What sort of behaviour earns respect?
What do you do to show you respect someone?
Welcome to Early Years: Badger, Dormouse and Fox
About Our Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
We adopt a topic approach to curriculum planning and adapt the topics to engage different cohorts year on year. Our curriculum is planned carefully and progressively so that there is coherence and full coverage of all aspects of the seven areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
We support the principle that young children learn through play through engaging in well planned, structured activities. Our teaching builds on the experiences of children's previous learning, including that of preschool settings.
Dear Early Years Parents and Carers,
Thank you for all of those who were able to attend our Early Years in Action day. The children thoroughly enjoyed showing you all how well they have settled in and some of their favourite activities.
Here are some of the comments that parents left on the day...
- "Wonderful to see my child having so much fun with so many wonderful opportunities in Early Years. Thank you for letting us have an insight in to the school day".
- "Great to see what they got up to! So many activities to choose from. Good to be able to picture them in their classroom".
- "So lovely to see all the children working and playing so happily".
- "A fabulous experience. My child is loving her class. We are so impressed with St Martin's and couldn't have wished for a better start for her. Thank you!"
- "It was an amazing experience. Thank you for giving us this chance!"
- "Thank you for creating such a lovely environment."
- "A very happy and settled environment".
- "It was wonderful being shown around and realizing how well she has settled in. Great creative tables set up and lots of fun things to play with."
- "What a happy, focused crowd! They are all so settled, polite and proud to be here. Thank you!"
This week our theme is 'Space'.
In maths we will be consolidating our knowledge of 2D shapes through making shape aliens! At home you could go on a shape hunt and see what flat shapes you can find!
In literacy we will be writing Weekend News.
After half term we will be moving on to our Fun Festivals topic. We will start with learning trough the theme of fireworks. We will be moving like rockets, spray painting and making safety posters.
Wishing you all a wonderful half term. We look forward to welcoming the children back on Tuesday 31st October.
Miss Cannon, Mrs Lockyer, Mr Hughes & The Early Years Team
Welcome to the Early Years webpage!
We would like to say a huge 'well done' to all the children in Early Years for settling in to their new classes so well. The children have been busy exploring their new setting and have already engaged in lots of new activities. Thank you for your ongoing support through the transition process and helping to promote such a seamless phase. We will soon be sending out a 'Transition Questionnaire' and would hugely appreciate your feedback regarding your child's induction to St Martin's.