"And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them."
How have you been a good friend today?
"Love is more important than anything else. It's what ties everything completely together."
How did God show his love for the world?
How do you show your love for others?
What can you do today to show love to other people?
'God said to human beings, "Fill the earth with people and look after it. Care for all that I have made."'
What is our responsibility to care for God's world?
How can I behave responsibly today?
Who relies on me to act responsibly?
"I am the Lord your God. I am holding your hand, so don't be afraid."
How was Jesus courageous?
What helps people to be courageous?
How have you shown courage today?
"It is better to be honest and poor than dishonest and rich."
Why is it important to be honest?
"Try to earn the respect of others."
Romans 12:17, paraphrase
Who do you respect and why?
What sort of behaviour earns respect?
What do you do to show you respect someone?
Testimonials and Feedback
Your feedback and support is really appreciated. It helps us to continue to work together and make St Martin’s the best possible place for your children. At the end of the school year we organise a short survey for parents to participate in, so we can get a clear understanding of our strengths and areas for improvement. We sincerely thank all of our parents who do complete the survey and we love the additional comments that you take the time to write about us.
Should you wish to provide feedback at any time, please contact either of the school offices, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org , or add your view to the OFSTED website and help us celebrate our wonderful school. https://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/login?destination=give-your-views
Here are just a few of the lovely comments we have recently received:
- I used to be, some years ago, the Chair of Governors for our local Secondary School and I am very well aware of the effort, care and commitment needed to provide such a positive experience for all your children. They are very fortunate, indeed, to have you as Head and all the teaching and support staff who work with you. Very well done to you all! Teachers are, in my view, so much undervalued. We hope a few warm words of encouragement helps you to continue with your outstanding work. Our very best wishes to you and all your staff.
- It is great to know that my grandson attends such a wonderful school.
- We have been thrilled with the education and support both our girls have had at the school. They are both thriving and love learning thanks to the superb teaching they get, as well as a varied, interesting and challenging curriculum with lots of fun thrown in!
- St Martin’s is friendly and inclusive for the children, and also makes learning exciting and interesting.
- It is great that the children get to try out different things in enrichment.
- St Martin’s offers a variety of ways in which children can express themselves and shine.
- My daughter is happy and wants to learn so as a parent that is what I like to see.
- St Martin’s helps to develop well-rounded, polite children and promotes Christian values.
- St Martin’s provides a good selection of sports.
- The teaching staff are approachable & friendly. Always available to meet & chat with them.
- The teaching staff are good at motivating children to learn with fun and innovative lessons and events.
- The St Martin’s school building, facilities & grounds are beautiful & clean.
- St Martin’s promotes a love of learning and provides a comfortable environment in which to thrive.
Here are just some of the areas that we have improved, informed by feedback:
- Simplifying communication across the two schools through unification of the two websites, the newsletters and the creation of a twitter account (@StMartinsSchE)
- Unifying calendar dates across the schools
- Merging of policies and practice across the schools, where we feel appropriate, in order to develop consistency across the schools. For example launching a new shared vision statement supported by a unified Values Jigsaw.
- Introduction of mid-year reports to enhance parental ability to support learning.